Today I share with you the story of Mijo ... I got to know through the comments of this blog and some emails exchanges in parallel. A story of passion for running, a story of patience and determination in the face of adversity, a story where the strength of character is revealed through the Word! That she writes well Mijo! Mijo said in April ... you come back tell us how was your race?
Mijo - Runner and Blogger invited
Passion, determination and patience!
August 1983, the 1st World Championships in Athletics in Helsinki. I just 16 years. I do not know why but I have the right to spend hours watching television. It is a revelation. I stay glued to the screen, I'm completely under the spell of athletes including runners and middle distance.
Since then I've followed athletics. I cheered the runners. I was in the stadium for track athletics championships in France taking place in my city in 1999 and 2007. I was in the stadium in Paris in 2003 to follow the World Championships in Athletics. I volunteered to supply several bullfights trails in my area.
Chausser my turn sneakers ... We had to wait year my 40 years to do!
I have not been idle either. I did other sports but not run. An apology more or less cans, work, kids, no time ... and also a good thing down in a corner of my brain all these people are gods who are untouchables Haile Gebrselassie to my neighbor through all those who are anonymous on Sunday morning or evening after work and I crossed the strides driving my car.
But on a Sunday morning in late September 2007, I go see my window five young women who run. I meet from time to time out of school. I quote them applauding. They are at the end of their journey and stop. I offer each a glass of water. They stretch, I asked. It's been over a year they meet up every Sunday morning, I can integrate the band on the next Sunday if I want. I hear myself say yes!
And I ran ... Every Sunday morning, I was present.
I loved it. Really cool chicks that have reached my level, over the miles, I raise above. The group disbanded, I continued to run alone. So proud of me.
I found a running partner. But really really strong. A former 200 meter runner which still needs to unwind by going to run. She did not run early in the morning. I adapted to run with her in late morning on weekends and late afternoons on weekdays. I have often drooled to follow his rhythm. But we have reconciled these outputs, we 've become very good friends.
In late September 2007 through August 2009, I think I ran almost every week. Running had become very necessary: to do good in letting off steam.
Meanwhile, at work, spring and summer 2009 were not great. With my husband, we've created a small business in 1996. Years ago when everything is rolling and others where we must constantly roll up their sleeves to rotate box. when it does not work hard, almost daily stress is combined with anxiety, very tired, countless hours of work, no rest and no holidays. In addition, I changed my working tool and for two months I have taken a very bad position.
August 21, 2009, children are on vacation and must return at night. We worked like crazy for a week to improve the numbers before the annual closure of accounts a month later. Before going to work, I decided to do some cleaning in every room of children. On the radio goes a song by Bernard Lavilliers. Melody Tempo Harmony. I love and I'm going on my waddling the duster in hand. I always dance when I'm over the bedside table of my youngest son. Suddenly a huge bang was heard in the lower back. I fall into two folded on the bed of my son, the skirt corkscrew on the thighs, a small car towed there stuck in the cheek. As soon as I try to move, the pain makes me turn to the eye. I call my husband for help, he drags to come, he does not believe me having seen me from making wild ...
We have more than one hour trying to get up. It took me three weeks to fully extend myself.
I waited four months before being allowed to resume physical activity (outside of Pilates classes). It was my first bone with golden fingers to succeed me rebuild the pool. He had first between each session I do 20 minutes of daily exercises to learn to fix my pond and maintain it in a good position. I also reorganized my workstation at the office to work again in a correct position.
bright spark in the eyes when the authorization fell. But beware, most races ... at least not right away. In six months in a year or even later and especially keep doing your exercises. While running, each impact with the ground is too violent for your pelvis and lower back. Each hit sends waves that could shake what we have to rebuild and is still fragile.
Spark has lost its intensity. I was entitled to cycling, swimming or brisk walking to. Okay ... I opted for a brisk walk. I hated it.
I no longer find the same feeling as when running. But I persevered. And very quickly, as for the race, I started to look forward to every ride. I have often honked. It is true that when you walk faster pace is quite funny but I smiled and I continued, I was so good. I further concrete well as the belly when I do Pilates. Double effect Kiss Cool as we say!
In March 2010, a small control basin. Staggering progress. I continue to walk.
In June 2010, I bring my youngest son to the bone, which also takes the opportunity to examine me. An honest smile on his part. I can restart the race if I want. I continue to walk.
I think I'm scared. I do not want any again. At work, it is still not a great year but at least I understood the message of last year. It's fine to roll up their sleeves but the body, our beautiful machine, sends us signals that we should not overlook. It fits almost 3 consecutive weeks of vacation in Corsica. A first since July 1996. Everything is back to rest in the family, friends, swimming for hours in a sea so beautiful, beautiful hikes in the bush or mountains, deli, wine and cheeses. Upon returning from Holidays, revitalized and healthy, I still, however, to walk.
If I meet soft surfaces (small unpaved roads through fields or along rivers), but I run most of my trips are walking fast.
Finally, two months ago, last December, I came across your blog Patricia! Your post titled "Quick Guide to the motivation" and one with links to training programs were two tickets "revealing".
I noted in my first PDA in the program to be displayed regularly! I confess that now I space in the display but the first time, I thought it was good to read it regularly to motivate me and especially for me to challenge. As for the one with the various training programs ... the real shock. I realized then that my legs, my body was ready for a long time to resume the race and finally my head decided to do it.
I selected one of the training programs. It's like a coach. I listen to it gradually up! I run, I note the distance, time on a notebook. I prancing between. If I fidgets too much, I'll walk ... I do not want to overdo it. But I can say I'm really really happy. In April, there is a small bull walking near my home: 5-7 and 10 km . I'll sign up for the 5 km ...
And my back in?
It goes very well thank you!
0 comments:
Post a Comment