Sometimes I go to forget the surreal in which I bathe every day thanks to my job as a teacher at enigmatic unknown mission. Sometimes I say to myself afterwards that it is not won.
It happened last night in a trendy Capital .
- Want to eat or drink?
- We'll just take a drink, thank you.
- You've chosen?
- Uh what you like red wine glass?
- I bring you the map.
The waitress returns with the bands.
- Want to eat or drink?
- Well we was drinking.
- You do not eat?
- No.
- You made your choice?
- what you like red wine?
- I bring you the map.
The waitress reappeared dragging a chair surmounted by a large slate. Below the menu, I see two names of wines are chalked.
- So here are the wines at the bottom of the map.
- Thanks.
- You do not eat?
- No.
- You do not need the card then I turn it because your neighbors want to order food. (rotating chair carrier) Sorry, we do not have many cards.
- It does not matter. What you like beer?
- So under pressure, we Kornembourg or Heinkenen. Excuse me.
The waitress struggles with another giant slab a little further.
- She looks a little lost. Well, you chose?
- Yeah, a Kor for me.
- Me, I'll have a strawberry juice. You've chosen your wine, Marie-Georges?
- Uh, so, in the second when I saw the picture, I thought I read "Coteaux Lyonnais", it will be fine.
The waitress arrives with small quick steps .
- Can I take your order?
- Yes, then there is: a Kor, a strawberry juice, a glass of Coteaux Lyonnais.
- Here we go.
The waitress returned with a piece of paper.
- Excuse us, we had a problem on hand. I have to take your order. Then there was a Heinkenen and then?
- No, Kornembourg.
- Okay. Then?
- A strawberry juice.
- We have none, sorry.
- Uh then a mango juice.
- Yes, and?
- A glass of Cot ...
- Coteaux Lyonnais! I remember it!
- Um, yes it is.
- Noted.
- Still, it makes forty-five minutes we ordered our drinks.
- Nevermind, it is well settled here, right?
I turn my head to watch the scene below. On a broader stage, a disc jockey is standing behind his decks facing an indifferent public, spectators wondering if they will probably get their drink a day. Seen from above, looks like the Magi plastic turned towards the divine infant. All shrouded in colors, arms outstretched, the master of ceremony focused on his mix of old Latin melodies. My ears are trying to understand how his hand touching each vinyl arranged around her belly salsa influence air escaping amps. I notice that those who ordered meals are served.
- Here's your Kornembourg, sir, and the Coteaux Lyonnais. ( filing a small bottle of nectar) I'm sorry ma'am, there was more of guava juice.
- Thanks.
- Why she told us that there is more than guava?
- I do not know.
- (dipping his lips in the mysterious potion) But the pineapple juice! I hate pineapple juice.
- We recall the waitress?
- No, it will be fine.
- It's not great, the concerts tonight. (...)
The waitress returns to us and makes a machine blue cards on the table.
- I'll have to cash it.
- Do not move, it's my round.
I stretch my card to the waitress.
- Sorry, we do not take the card under ten euros.
- Eleven euros.
- ...
- Yes, sorry, I forgot to mention the strawberry juice.
- I can pay by credit card?
- Sure ma'am. I'll be right back with the machine.
- Here's your Kornembourg, sir, and the Coteaux Lyonnais. ( filing a small bottle of nectar) I'm sorry ma'am, there was more of guava juice.
- Thanks.
- Why she told us that there is more than guava?
- I do not know.
- (dipping his lips in the mysterious potion) But the pineapple juice! I hate pineapple juice.
- We recall the waitress?
- No, it will be fine.
- It's not great, the concerts tonight. (...)
The waitress returns to us and makes a machine blue cards on the table.
- I'll have to cash it.
- Do not move, it's my round.
I stretch my card to the waitress.
- Sorry, we do not take the card under ten euros.
The waitress goes to the next table while I pack my modern means of payment. She shows up again without delay. I fumbles in my wallet.
- Wait, I have the liquid. So how exactly is it? - Eleven euros.
- ...
- Yes, sorry, I forgot to mention the strawberry juice.
- I can pay by credit card?
- Sure ma'am. I'll be right back with the machine.
0 comments:
Post a Comment