On 14 December, eight weeks ago, I started my training for the Boston Marathon, I in talking in one of my first posts.
And there ... is in 71 days! ... 10 weeks! It's like 10 weeks tomorrow!
The training is going well, long stretch Sunday outings (2h20 scheduled program tomorrow February 6) and the miles accumulate ...
Daily Mile said that since Dec. 24 I have accumulated 373 km, 287 since the beginning of 2011 and 241 in January ... 39 hours of racing since December 24 and 23 in January ... I do not know what to think ... one thing is certain is that I skipped a few kilometers here and there ... for good and bad reasons ... not much cons so I'm pretty proud of my discipline ... but not at all sure what it will on April 17 ...
train I must say that the winter in Quebec is not jojo every day. Between the cold, wind, snow, ice, sleet, slush and the sun not too far I do not feel that I optimize my bottom out but whether it's part of the game ...
This is not the first winter that I run. Except that with a marathon planned for mid-April is the first time I try to do development (versus maintaining my base) during this season. I go out running 5 days a week ... and with the conditions ... inevitably, sometimes equivalent to go out on the floor of the gym ... which, admittedly, is much less motivating for someone like ... I who uses race as a little meditation on the other ... well, the gym is frankly less Zen!
So ... 10 weeks ... I look forward ... but it is still too far away to have complete confidence in my ability to do well ... To be continued ...
So here I am ... It's almost 17h Saturday ... and it's time to take a glass of red!
Note: The photo at the top of the ticket from the website of the Boston Marathon, this is the start 2010 - 23,126 runners!
0 comments:
Post a Comment