The Boston Marathon is in 53 days ... It is high time that we speak logistics!
Hotel!
few days after my registration at the Boston Marathon I went on the site of the marathon, which were associated with marathon hotels and packages.
All hotels required a minimum booking of three nights and the prices were exorbitant! I have many Aeroplan points so I did a test on that side ... no avail ... I went to the site of several independent hotels marathon ... Rebelote!
also a feature of the Boston Marathon is that the departure is in the suburbs, 42 km from downtown Boston to Hopkinton. It's a bit like the start to the marathon was Montreal Mirabel ... Usually, riders take a bus then a shuttle from downtown to Hopkinton for the start. Obviously it means a departure from the hotel very early and waiting on the start line very long ...
Between the price that I found really high and the reluctance to take more of a hotel in the middle of nowhere but near starting line ... I decided to wait until early January to make my reservations.
early January, the site of the Boston Marathon - Travel and Accommodation - Qualified Runner ... hourglass ... there is no more room ... no ... ... ziltch niet ... nada ... zero ... Better luck next time!
Whereas some twenty miles up the marathon were "sold out" within 24 hours I might have had a doubt or two but finally ...
So I pulled over my second idea but the few hotels near Hopkinton were complete! I'm in a town 9 miles from the start, Westborough. As my love with me and we go by car, we will identify in advance how he will come take me back to the starting line ... On the map of the route , there seems to be a car park nearby with a Shuttle ... Stay tuned!
And the pasta dinner?
In September, in Toronto I said to the lover ... worry, there is an Italian restaurant next to the hotel and there is never anyone in downtown Toronto on Saturday night in this neighborhood at least ... worry ... I've worked 6 month staying at this hotel ... I know the area ... well the restaurant was fully booked! Luckily, the Mediterranean restaurant, in front were two places ...
Question not too try my luck and find myself in a fast food whatsoever ... I made my reservations for restaurant week Westborough last ... around the hotel and critics on the internet seem very good ... I even already consulted the menu and made my choice!
Breakfast him?
I think a lot of riders forget to plan the breakfast before the marathon. In hotels it is not always top the restaurant and in fact are often closed at the time we must take the small-bf ... To me, a good breakfast before the race is critical. Mostly I bring my oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, and I prepare myself. That's what I plan to do this time too.
Other preparations
Daniel sent me this email that I thought fit to pass on to all:
I found your blog looking for info for Boston. As someone trained in the 40-44 category for the 2011 marathon, I found your blog very interesting and motivating. I wanted you also provide pre-race advice of friends who ran the marathon in the past. Since the early departure of the buses that bring us to the start in Hopkinton, we will be about 3 hours to wait there before departure. So it is suggested to have old clothes you left in place for any kind of weather that day.
My friend last year has brought with him an old tent with a floor mat purchased at "Dollarama" and an old sleeping bag that he left behind and did not regret his idea to keep warm before the start.
Successful completion of training and good luck in Boston!
My friend last year has brought with him an old tent with a floor mat purchased at "Dollarama" and an old sleeping bag that he left behind and did not regret his idea to keep warm before the start.
Successful completion of training and good luck in Boston!
A big thank you to Daniel for the note. The marathon is in April, he will actually be essential to keep warm before the start. I have to find stuff not hot dear ...
... So here you think I forget stuff?
I return to my post marathon evaluating my alternatives for The hotel ... and everything else ... of course!
0 comments:
Post a Comment