On the eve of Valentine's Day, a note from my lover! It acts as a guest blogger and gives you his perspective on life together when the two trains for a marathon I might have made one or two things differently but that's the ticket!
Yves Boisvert spoke in the press of "matrimonial perils of training . William offers a different perspective. What is needed is that the cons love note, although not run a marathon and that it pretends to be his ticket just a fan of ping pong, s' leads regularly, skateboarding, surfing, diving, etc., etc. ...
Ticket lover
This is not a secret training for a marathon requires a commitment to all Tests and sometimes, I think, a touch of madness. Obviously I do not think I need to convince readers of this blog daily sacrifices and efforts required for this type of training (to each his own pleasure! ;) by cons I offer you, on this day of Valentine's Day, my vision pre-requisite to life with a "small stroke model" which is summarized by the acronym DESS
Nothing to do with the degree of High schools offered in universities, my acronym refers rather to the Master D E isciplina mpathique to S upport S portif spouse.
Discipline? Why? You, the riders will say: " it's not you who runs the morning at 4:45 am before going to work 3 times a week + weekends ..." But when even I who must leave the athlete to sleep early the night before (which involves many sacrifices for me ... if you have no idea what I am talking about ... because you never Having my girlfriend) so that it is at its best during training.
Jokes besides, when I talk about our lifestyle, people often pass comments like: " I do not know how you do to get up early and sleep early like this all the time ..." or " it must be difficult to forego certain pleasures of the table on a regular basis" . My answer: not really! It is rather a part of the benefits of being in a relationship with someone who trains seriously. For example, the morning I arrived at the office before everyone else, I'm super fit and I do not care colleagues who still have their eyes glued to 9am.
short, the discipline is part of the lives of two when all the slots of the week are paid at the rate of drives and therefore you will need empathy to understand the many demands of the discipline. What kind of empathy I'm referring to? Definitely not the one coming from someone who has never really done any sport or has always been immersed in instant gratification (And yes, good things come with effort!) otherwise you'll never understand the commitment essential to a successful marathon.
Well, parenthesis ... I needed the spouse that is what I do as a sport? Follower of tennis, I'm used to give my best effort and I know persevere when tight game ... Not too serious you think? Indeed! But it illustrates my previous point, it will be difficult to have real empathy necessary to support your spouse in the constants that decisions or she must take daily to perform if you have never yourself a sport that requires you to constant efforts and sacrifices.
Finally what is the support sports? That translates into many things like encouragement, massage (just a massage!) Promoting recovery, adopt better eating habits, do not expose the other temptations that sometimes lead to frustration, etc ...
Are there any advantages for the spouse to DESS? They are many! But mostly healthy living and the opportunity to see our love (will) surpass and exceed their personal goals. When Patricia crosses the finish line at 3:43 in Toronto ... I had an incredible sense of pride and above all I felt to have had this success with it so I will not go back with nothing to support it in its drive to his next marathon.
Honey, it's Valentine's Day, nine weeks before Boston ... No chocolate as you asked me .... I love you and I'm proud of you!
Want to learn more about the Master? Feel free to ask questions!
0 comments:
Post a Comment