Friday, January 7, 2011

Сосок Denise Milani

Perseverance - my little story ...

"Runners whose quit. We fade; weekends "hit the wall" Sometimes we're Reduced to a walk. WE keep on purpose. "
- Amby Burfoot . Winner of the Boston Marathon (1968). Editor Runner's World.

Perseverance and determination are both essential to the practice of endurance racing and eat them.

I have presented earlier, the story of Alain . A story of passion for this sports perseverance that spans several years but also beyond the achievement of its objectives of athletes. ... It among others ... his way of coping with adversity ... its determination to take the front setbacks that life presents us with it ... because of its ability to make the decision, time after time to keep her running shoes (it's a metaphor here) or continue to not only but continue to live their dreams ...

Today, I present you my story ... a story or honestly, I find myself less Alain. I will speak more specifically of my persistence in achieving my athletic goals. I have been fortunate so far to enjoy perfect health except that the wounds of training ... the link to my story of perseverance to the personal life is less subject ... I wanted the tell anyway ... for all riders and non riders who dare to set aggressive goals and pursue them with determination!

The practice of sport is littered with fun but also difficulties. Of course ... otherwise it would not be necessary to persevere! Personally I do not really the personality of a cheerleader who sees life in pink and crying in front of each obstacle GoGoGo. For cons, I am committed, again, try again and continue my way ... I will not let me down easy ... some would say that I have a pig's head but it would not include animal ... I smile there ... you guessed it?

I am proud to share my successes and my accomplishments ... as my qualification for the Boston Marathon. It would be hollow to believe that I have set myself the goal ... I am trained ... abracadabra ... qualified and hop! It would be wrong on one hand and also very respectful of the riders who are seeking ambitious and have no guarantee of its achievement.

My story ...

I started running after 35 years ... at first I followed the program I mentioned in a previous post . few months later, I enrolled in the 5km " the race for life " held in October each year ...

I ran regularly 5km from ... Except that I'm gone like a bullet ... which makes for about 1 minute, 4 km away ... I had to walk! ... For a tiny walk 5 km! I learned the importance of rhythm to my race! It was cold, raining back home ... I was slammed! Gone!

the following March, at a party, I met some riders who have convinced me that I could run a half marathon. ... Head Butting I registered for my first half Marathon ... the Montreal held in April each year. I managed to complete it in about 2 hours ... but once again I had to stop to walk ... and I repeated at least 10 times between the first and second hour ... Why I do this? Why I do this? No way that I will run twice a day ... they are sick people who do marathons ...

Less than six months later ... my first marathon ... Rebelote ... except for the loss of a toenail in addition to everything ... and still a good 4 hours to repeat myself ... But what am I doing here with? Why I do this? What I'm trying to prove? ...

At Toronto Marathon last September ... no ... stop keeping a "space" in 10 seconds short of my goal for all the travel time ... a time of 3:43 ... maybe once or twice asked "Why I do this?" Without ... more ... Qualified for Boston and just a little heavy legs the next day ...

"Runners whom quit. We fade; weekends" hit the wall "Sometimes we're Reduced to a walk. Goal keep on weekends."

So if you are just starting out ... in your first half marathon, your first marathon ... Keep on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment