In that blogs I read this blog regularly there Run Like a Girl .
A blog that describes itself this way as:
"A blog about How the challenges faced by Women Participating in a sport, and the Way We Meet Those challenges, translate Into Great Strength And The Ability to Overcome The Barriers in Our Lives Outside of sports, and how o Achievement in Sports Translations into happy lives "
A series of topics that affect me special!
Mina Samuels is its author. Mina is a writer, editor, Canadian and great sport ... and more!
Mina publish his book, Run Like a Girl a few weeks. After two or three exchanges, just to get to know (the beauty of the blogosphere!), She allowed to cast a glance at a prepublication copy. When I received it I told myself that I read the intro, conclusion and look at the structure and that I would go back later error ... ... ... I devoured diagonal it is true ... but from one end to another with the promise to myself to take the time to read it slowly, when I have a hard copy ... yes ... it's the type of book where you want corner of the pages, highlight passages, think ...
To whet your appetite Mina has agreed to answer some questions (in French!). Here is our exchange:
- Mina Samuels you're an author and publisher but in a previous life you were a lawyer. What was the trigger of your career change?
I moved to New York to pursue my Masters of Law "at Columbia University. I studied human rights in an international context. In New York during my studies, I fell in love with a New Yorker. We met at a "speed workout" in Central Park, the first time I made a real 'speed workout '!. Once I graduate, I wanted to stay in New York with him.
During my preparation for the bar exam in New York, I also took a course in creative writing. I liked it a lot! I knew I loved that so right, I loved writing, creativity, access to the subconscious. I could not imagine being more lawyer. Both writing and running, gave me much joy and then there New York, a city that seems to give us a license to lie again, has to reinvented. Change direction was like opening a door and feel a great wind of March - fierce, with some warmth of spring, but even the coldness of winter - in English I would say the wind " bracing. "
- Is this your first book?
As my job is to be "negro literary " , I wrote a dozen books for other authors. Under my own name, I published a historical novel in 2007, The Queen of Cups , and then, with a client, I write (really for him!) The Think Big Manifesto in 2009.
- The title is "Run Like a Girl" but, like your blog, it's not just the race, in fact it This is a book on how sport, physical activity allows us to be stronger for women no longer happy, is not it?
Definitely!
- Who should read it, who do you turn?
I speak for all women who participate in sports, of course, but more than that, I hope to inspire women who are currently no sport or less they would like.
What do you say to skeptics, women who say, nahhhh .... I do not like physical activity, I do not sweat?
Sweat is one of the greatest pleasure in the world - it gives us a feeling of complete happiness (thank you endorphins!). More than that, sweat (and I mean really push themselves to do something difficult or new) shows us that we are capable of much more than we imagine. And when you develop that kind of confidence ... then ... things qu’on peut accomplir!
- Vous parlez de la discipline nécessaire et de la gestion du temps…et entre autre vous dites ceci : « Staying in shape, rejuvenating ourselves through playing sports, is good for us, and when it’s not shortchanging the people in our lives, from family and friends, to our employers—it’s more than likely good for them, too.” Vous la définissez comment la ligne “shortchanging”?
The line is personal to each woman. It recognizes it when you become depressed when we lose our joy when we have not seen our friends, our family, our love for too long. When we are halfway to our present life.
- About self-image, you say: "... Being obsession with thin Cdn Become so all-consuming for Some Women That Their sports Become more of a weapon wield Against Themselves THEY Rather Than Finding a road to inner peace, With body image and So Much Else. "
Yet sites and publications devoted to sports often deal in their section" for women " tips to lose weight, lose weight ... Why are we not talking about simply eating to perform in sport and in life do you think? It does not seem to have the same approach the men's side either?
Not as much as women, but I think that publications for men (Men's Health, etc..) have a lot of articles about "having a six-pack. But yes, there are a lot more pressure on women to lose weight and lose weight too often, let alone be strong and healthy. I hope that when you do sports, we see that being strong is being pretty thin. Actually, what we think of ourselves is in our brains, not in the mirror. And sport, we hope, gives us the confidence to see the body at its best, whatever it is, when you look in the mirror.
- In the chapter entitled "Chicking the Boys' tell you how you stop your climb of Kilimanjaro, while you were so close to your goal, to accompany the descent, your spouse who had discomfort . Do you believe that your decision would be different today?
Yes! The summit is for me! And then - Patricia - you have the answer (I've since learned that Mina returned to Africa in 2010 and, this time, completed His ascension!). I cried at the top, I was so happy to be there. And then a great sigh of relief! The chapter is closed, at last!
- You make several links between sport and the psychological balance, the ability to live in the moment. You think there cause and effect or that it is simply the same type of person who seeks both?
I dare not decide as if I were a shrink. I can only speak from my personal experiences and those of women with whom I spoke to my book. It is my observation that there are many people who find that living the present moment is really difficult to participate in a sport or not. There are even people who participate in sports just because they are so stressed all the time.
That said, those who make a sport is the opportunity to practice being in the moment - I mean, is that sport, if you take it seriously, requires a certain focus, and in sport there are times when you can not concentrate on anything else. Although this is not the intention, you learn how to let go of all other thoughts, that embarrass our minds. This experience - to live in the present - shows us the peace and joy as possible - then we want to replicate.
Any a long answer to your question - the short is, yes, I think there is some cause and effect, and no, I do not think people who play sports live the present moment more naturally than others.
- Can I get your book online and if so where and from what date?
I really want to thank Mina has agreed to play the game of Q & A this blog who still did not have the readership of Runner's World and who has so generously agreed to let me see her book prior to publication. I hope you enjoy it!
0 comments:
Post a Comment